Tesla Turbine Kit
The EpicPhysics.com Tesla Turbine Kits have been designed as closely as possible to Nikola Tesla’s original design, this can be seen in the image below where we have placed our turbine beside Nikola Tesla’s patent. We are also the home of the cheapest Tesla Turbine Kits on the internet, our nearest competitor is charging 300$ PER TURBINE, you can have one of our little beauties for just 1/5th of that. We currently have two turbine models for sale – the Standard Tesla Turbine Kit and our new Pumping and Multi Stage Tesla Turbine Kit ( which is the only type of its kind available to buy worldwide), both of which can also be upgraded to electricity generating models, the details of all model types can be found below for your consideration.
Tesla Turbine Kit
Below is our original Tesla Turbine Kit, unlike Nikola Tesla’s design our turbine is semi-transparent, this allows you to actually see the discs rotating – the discs will be either red or white. The green object on our turbine in the image below represents standard rc fuel tubing which fits perfectly over the inlet ports to power the turbine. The turbines can reach 10,000 revolutions per minute with human lungpower and we have recorded over 80,000 revolutions per minute using compressed air – that translates to a whopping 1,254 revolutions PER SECOND!!!! – the average family car engine rotates between 12 and 50 revolutions per second (ticking over at 750 rpm and revving up to 3000 rpm).
Turbine Kit Contents
Each turbine is assembled by hand and tested before shipping by our resident engineers. The turbine has a central 1mm shaft which runs upon two 1mm x 3mm x 1mm micro bearings, luckily for us, each bearing is rated up to 100,000 rpm. The turbine(s) will arrive at your door fully assembled and come with the following -
- the turbine base which allows you to fix the whole turbine to a solid work surface ie. table/workbench. Three 2mm screws fit into the holes in the base, these securely bolt the turbines base to your chosen work surface, these screws are included with the kit.
- the turbine housing, this is the main body of the turbine, the turbine discs are housed within it. The turbine housing has two inlet ports on its upper regions as shown in the image below, this is where air is supplied to power to turbine, standard RC Fuel Tube fits snugly onto either inlet. On the rear of the housing one of the micro bearings sits firmly into place.
- the turbine discs, these are one of the most important parts of the turbine, they have been registered spinning at over 1000 revolutions PER SECOND. Passing through the center of the discs is the 1mm central shaft, this will be passed through both the front and rear bearings. There are 4 discs in total, each one seperated from the other by less than 1 millimeter. The discs can either be red or white.
- The front cover, this seals up the front of the turbine making the whole assembly airtight and functional.Three 1mm machine screws secure the front cover of the turbine to the turbine housing. The other of the micro bearings sits inside the front cover, thereby allowing the discs to spin freely and with a very low friction coefficient.
- The 1mm to 2mm connector. This connector fits snugly onto the central shaft of the turbine (1mm) and widens to allow its opposing end to be connected to a 2mm shaft – this allows you to generate electricity with a small DC Motor which we also supply with the Tesla Turbine Generator Kit (read more about that below), something Nikola Tesla would be very proud to see as he originally envisioned his turbine to be used to create high voltage electricity .
The video below outlines both how the Tesla Turbine works and also shows some of the capabilities of this beautiful little machine by the great Nikola Tesla, if you have already seen this video continue reading further down the page to find out more about our new Electricity Generating Kits & The Multi Stage and Pumping Tesla Turbine.
The standard turbine can be purchased through the link below with FREE SHIPPING for just 65 $/ 50Euro / 40£ Sterling. You can purchase using Paypal, Bank Transfer or Credit Card. If you would like to buy our Tesla Turbine with Nikola Tesla’s equally fascinating Tesla Valve you will find the option in the drop-down menu below, find out more about this valve here – The Tesla Valve.
Tesla Turbine Generator Kit
For just ten dollars above the standard kits price you can generate electricity with your turbine – We have developed our kits with an added mount that will accomodate a small generator. Included in this kit are all of the parts mentioned with the non-generator kit, as well as a motor mount and the generator. The 1mm to 2mm connector supplied with all standard kits allows both the turbine and motor to be connected on the one shaft. This kit will come fully assembled and ready to run and will also include 5 fixing screws to secure both the turbine and the motor mount to a solid working surface. From now on, all of our turbines will be upgradable to electricity generating versions if you wish to do so at a later date, this can be seen in the video and images below.
We hope you like what we do at the end of the video, a Nikola Tesla invention powering another of Nikola Tesla’s inventions.
The standard turbine + generating kit can be purchased through the link below with FREE SHIPPING for just 75$ / 57 Euro / 45 £ Sterling. You can purchase these turbines below using Paypal, Bank Transfer or Credit Card. Continue reading further down for our Multi Stage Generating Kit.
Multi Stage & Pumping Tesla Turbine Kit
The multi-stage & pumping turbine is very similar to our standard turbine, however it has several very important differences, all of which will be obvious by reading the following paragraphs and watching the video further down the page -
- In our standard turbine the whole assembly is airtight, in the new turbine it is watertight – we have incorporated a labyrinth seal into the front cover. This allows these turbines to act as pumps as well as turbines. Due to the completely sealed front cover two of these turbines can be used as a turbine/pump hybrid – one turbine running as a standard turbine (powered by air) which is then connected to the central shaft of a second turbine which can then operate as a pump, once again showing the versatility and genius of this great invention by Nikola Tesla . Included with each individual kit is a 1mm to 1mm connector – this will allow you to connect two turbines together by their central shafts, this can be seen in action in the video further down the page.
- The housing is still semi transparent but the discs are always white – this allows all of you experimenters out there to run colored fluid through the turbine and watch the path it takes more easily.
- These turbines can run in series – one turbine will power the next and so on. Based on our preliminary tests we have managed to run 3 Tesla Turbines from one single compressed air line, and we have managed to run two of these turbines using human lung power alone. Included with each individual kit is an exhaust manifold which allows the exhaust gases from one turbine to be collected and used to power the next turbine. This can be seen in the “kit contents” section below.
If all of the above was a little too much to take in, we have created this video which outlines in detail the versatilty of this fantastic little turbine, please note that this is the only one of its kind available anywhere in the world -
Multi-Stage & Pumping Kit contents
The Multi-Stage turbine is very similar to our standard turbine in most respects, however there are some key differences to note, these are outlined below. Each Multi-Stage turbine will arrive at your door fully assembled and come with the following -
- white turbine base (exactly the same as the standard kits base)
- semi transparent housing, micro bearing fitted into a small hole at the rear of the housing.
- white turbine discs and 1mm central shaft
- Front cover, you will notice the exhaust ports have been completely covered and extended to a single tube. This front cover also differs from the standard kit in that it slides over the turbine housing using a labyrinth seal, this results in the turbine becoming watertight. You will also notice that this front cover has 5 securing screws where the standard turbine requires only 3.
- The 1 to 2mm connection which allows the turbine to power a small electric motor for generating purposes
- The exhaust manifold, this allows you to recuperate the escaping exhaust gasses and recycle them to power another turbine
- Last but not least the 1mm to 1mm connector, this allows you to connect two turbines together by their central shafts. This is required when you are running in the turbine/pump hybrid setup.
Here are all of the components you will receive per individual turbine ordered, also included are the 2mm screws for fixing the turbine to a solid workbench -
To begin running the turbine all you will need is standard rc fuel tube, this is available for a couple of dollars/euro per meter.
The multi-stage and pumping tesla turbine can be purchased with FREE SHIPPING through the link below for just 80$ / 60 Euro / 47£ Sterling. You can purchase these turbines below using Paypal, Bank Transfer or Credit Card.